Replace outgrown equipment, create scalable solution.
Global Medics is a high end locum placement agency for urban and rural areas in an international space.
With agencies in the UK, New Zealand, India and South Africa. They have grown rapidly in the Australian marketplace and continue to grow.
Global Medics opened their office in Sydney in 2009. They had moved here from the UK with a relatively small team and as such brought over equipment not able to cope with their growth. Like many recruiters, they use Eclipse to manage their candidate sourcing process.
Due to explosive growth, the IT for the business was not able to keep up with the demand. Employee productivity and effectiveness suffered as it was taking as long as 1-2 minutes per transaction making their systems almost unusable.
Managers and staff were fed up and Greenlight ITC were commissioned to improve services.
Industry: Medical Recruitment
Cities: Sydney, Auckland, Singapore
Challenge: Delivery of a highly scalable Local and RDS environment that could accommodate the needs of the business into the future.
- Managed IT Services
- Business Internet
- Remote Desktop speed improvement
- SQL speed improved by 50%
- Fle xib le, Scalable infrastructure
- Cost Savings
“Transitioning to the Greenlight services and solutions has been very smooth and has increased our business performance and uptime dramatically. It’s nice to have a trusted team we can rely on that truly care about our business.”
Louise Lockie – Operations Manager – Command Recruitment Pty. Ltd.
- We began with a site-wide audit to understand the topology of the current network and infrastructure as along with the user requirements.
- Next we consulted with Global Medics UK (Head Office) as to our plans for their system in Australia. Our deliverables were agreed and defined.
- Specifications of network and server hardware and software to deliver the required solution was compiled and a project proposal created.
- A pre-implementation list of the scope of the project and all its deliverables was proposed and agreed to by the client.
- The new systems were put in place and the infrastructure built alongside the existing environment to minimise workflow disruption.
- Due to the speed issues, and hardware failure on the old server, an immediate cutover had to be done over a weekend to fast track the new system.
- After the Sydney office was on the new infrastructure and user acceptance testing was completed, New Zealand RDS users were migrated over to the new terminal server.
- Once all branches were stable in production on the new environment for a month, the old environment was decommissioned and removed from the premises.
- All redundant systems were tested with their various failover and highly-available configurations before being signed off as operational.
- A post-implementation review was carried out including a user questionnaire to identify any persisting issues or anomalies with the new environment.
- Once all outstanding issues were rectified, user satisfaction verified, a final review with Global Medics management for project completion was conducted.
- Ongoing monitoring, management and maintenance is carried out daily on all production systems.
With the implementation of a server with more memory and high end CPU’s an immediate improvement occurred in the SQL applications. Remote Desktop users were now also on a much faster server and no longer struggled to do more than two things at once.
Staff are no longer frustrated with their IT systems and are ultimately more productive. Team member turn over has also decreased.
Global Medics now had a system that will grow with them. The new solution can accommodate for twice their current business size, without significant outlay.
Global Medics were able to close some branch offices and amalgamate them together as the new environment basically made their needs for local branch infrastructure redundant resulting in considerable cost savings.